Thursday, August 23, 2012

Where Geography and Music Collide

I'm an avid music fan with tastes that range from Mozart to Metallica. In addition, my job has given me a real appreciation for geography. We have been producing social studies products--maps, globes, atlases and more--for over 100 years.

How can those two areas of interest collide? Technology makes it easy. Better yet, this technology is now available for educators and their students. 

Using StrataLogica, I was able to create a 3D presentation of a few famous composers and the locations often associated with them. Each includes a music sample. If you're not familiar with this application, I urge you to check it out and tell educators about it. Maps and globes didn't look like this when I was in school.

Check out this link and share it with other music and geography enthusiasts:

And, here's a video that explains what StrataLogica can do.  


No comments:

Post a Comment